Navy COOL offers major elements of the U.S. Navy’s Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) website in a convenient app. The app is essentially a toolbox – or COOLbox – that provides Sailors and others with a set of credentialing and career tools to help them make informed professional development decisions throughout their Navy career and beyond. Navy COOL tools provide information for making enlistment decisions, roadmaps to career advancement and retention, in-Service civilian/industry certification and licensing opportunities, and insights into prospective occupations during the eventual transition from the Navy back to the civilian workforce.
Navy COOL tools are relevant to all Navy applicants, current Sailors, transitioning Sailors, Veterans, counselors, recruiters, credentialing organizations, employers and others. The app is geared toward both military and civilian users, and features public content only. No authentication or authorization is required.
Navy COOL helps Navy Service members find information on certifications and licenses related to their jobs, including detailed information on:
Credentials related to Navy ratings, designators and collateral-duty/out of rate assignments
Credential requirements and potential gaps between Navy training and civilian credentialing requirements
Resources available to fill gaps between military training and civilian credentialing requirements
Upon launch of the app, users select an Enlisted rating or Officer designator and Collateral duties. Once this is chosen, Navy COOL filters content to only display data relevant to the user’s selection
The app includes tools related to the following:
- Credentials (certs and licenses mapped to Navy occupations)
- Learning and Development Roadmaps, or LaDRs (career development)
- U.S. Military Apprenticeship Program, or USMAP (Dept. of Labor credentials)
- Joint Service Transcript, or JST (generic/non-PII; academic credit for Navy training and experience)
- Civilian Related Occupations (recruiting and transition tool)
- Rating Information Cards (Navy Recruiting, reclassification and enlisted rating changes)
- Post 9-11 Government Issue (G.I.) Bill funding of credentials (funding availability for Veterans)